Thursday 29 May 2008

Designign gig posters




Funny story...

I got offered a gig in Durham, accepted it and offered to design the posters/flyers. The promotion company said yes. I produced the top one thinking "happy, summery weather, image for all the acts". Then Stuart (fm Abraxas Promotions) pointed out that James Addison would get laughed off stage in The Angel for my description. I suggested that should make the whole poster 'grittier' and he said that was exactly the word he was looking for. So what did i do? I smashed the guitar and branded his company name across the top to keep him happy.

All's well that ends well.

Its a very typical DIY poster, but thats to appeal to the audience, who wouldnt be expecting vectorised spaceships blowing up skyscrapers. For some reason i really like how "THE ANGEL" stands out on my final design. I think its cos its my handwriting but elongated.

No comments: