Tuesday 9 June 2009

PPD Evaluation

This year has been an interesting one of jumping between styles until i settled somewhere in the middle.

typography is definitely the biggest things from this year. i learned so much, but its all so technical, which is something that tends to mean that it doesnt stick with me. This is why i've managed to decide that i dont like fonts.

everything has been a little hit and miss. i found it weird jumped from digital typographic layouts to animation. from such simple colour use to such extreme. i also hate being stuck behind a computer all the time.

I think this is why the lyrics brief was such a moment of realisation for me.

screen printing is totally my thing.

completely and totally. i cant believe its take n me this long to pull my finger out and get on it though. i'm very happy with my printed work - tshirts and poster alike - but want to take it to the next level, incorporating imagery and multiple screens and colours.

funky dory.

at the same time however, i really enjoyed being able to do some illustration for a change. fred used to have a go at my crappy beano style drawings, but as soon as i plugged them into illustrator he was loving it.

i like the idea of branching out into illustration a little bit. i want to be able to draw perspectives and shadows and highlights for use in printing.

my animations came out pretty well, perhaps a little forced at times. really basic style and bright colours but they're effective.

ctrl alt shift was a but of a mistake in that i left it too late to get going and could only really take it in one direction. for such a great brief, i dont htink i did it justice at all, but i do like my idea of a leaflet of stickers/mailshot arrangement.

No comments: